For many years, Leadership Northern Utah has been inspiring community leaders and connecting them with the programs and people who can help them succeed. The participants in this program gain a unique understanding of what it means to be a leader in addition to becoming aware of difficult issues going on right now in Northern Utah.
This program gives those who are interested in the community the tools and environment to voice their opinions and make the changes they want to see happen in Northern Utah’s future. Leadership Northern Utah is looking for people who are motivated about being involved in the community to participate in this one-of-a-kind program.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Leadership Northern Utah Academy is a year-long leadership program designed to develop informed problem solvers and responsible leaders. This program also allows participants to establish business relationships in a forum for idea exchange. Participants are encouraged to take action in addressing the needs of the community. Specific program elements that are addressed include:
- Government Relations
- Human Resources
- Leadership Ethics
- Marketing and Sales
- Relationship Building
- Small Business
- Two (2) day retreat on September 23-24, 2021
- Monthly education sessions – third Friday (*unless otherwise noted) from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Small-group projects (may require additional time)
- Community immersion with tours and presentations of various businesses and organizations within Weber County.
EXPECTATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS
- Attend and actively participate at the entire retreat in September.
- Attend and actively participate in all scheduled education sessions. (Participants are allowed one missed education day.)
- Actively work with small-group to prepare and execute a project day for the entire LNU academy. This consists of community service, leadership training, professional development, activities centered around success in the workplace, etc.
- Approach the year with an open mind ready to learn, grown, and develop personally and professionally.
FRAMEWORK FOR EDUCATION SESSIONS
|AM: Leadership Training||Working Lunch||PM: Community Engagement||Extras|
|Presentations & Professional Development||Networking & Group Project Discussions||Community Immersion in the following areas:|
- K12 Education
- Higher Education
- Business (Manufacturing, Retail & Service Industries)
|1. Group Service Project
2. Business Bootcamp with the group project framework to guide the process.
2021-2022 SCHEDULED DATES
|August 27, 2021||Orientation Lunch|
|September 23-24, 2021||Retreat at Snowbasin|
|October 8, 2021*||Workplace Culture|
|November 19, 2021||Marketing & Branding|
|December 17, 2021||Conflict Resolution & Managing People|
|January 21, 2022||Public Speaking & Communication|
|February 16, 2022*||Lawmaking & The Utah State Legislature (at the State Capitol)|
|March 18, 2022||Leadership Project #1|
|April 8, 2022*||Leadership Project #2|
|May 20, 2022||Leadership Project #3|
|June 17, 2022||Graduation (Tenative)|
COST & SCHOLARSHIPS
The 9-month program, which includes a two-day retreat in mid-September, costs $1,000.
If you’re interested in signing up with Leadership Northern Utah, or for scholarship information, contact the LNU Liaison, Bailey Lefthand at (385) 264-7631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.