Looking to make a meaningful impact on your community? Consider joining the Ogden-Weber Chamber of Commerce’s leadership program: Leadership Northern Utah (LNU). This prestigious program has been helping to shape and inspire community leaders for years, connecting them with the people and programs they need to succeed.
Through LNU, participants develop an understanding of what it takes to be a true leader, while also becoming aware of the pressing issues facing Northern Utah today. From economic development and social justice to environmental sustainability and beyond, this program offers a comprehensive and eye-opening look at the challenges and opportunities facing our community.
But LNU is more than just a leadership program. It’s a community of like-minded individuals who are passionate about making a positive impact. Participants have the opportunity to voice their opinions and work together towards meaningful change, all while building valuable connections with fellow leaders and experts in their field.
If you’re motivated and committed to being involved in your community, Leadership Northern Utah is the perfect program for you. Apply now and become a part of this one-of-a-kind experience that will help you grow as a leader and make a real difference in Northern Utah’s future!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Strengthening Businesses and Community Through Leadership
Leadership Northern Utah (LNU) is a yearlong leadership program designed to develop business and community leaders who possess strategic thinking, relationship building, influencing, and execution skills. The program also allows participants to establish business relationships in a diverse, cohesive group of 35 cohort members as well as with other Chamber members and community leaders.
Each education day focuses on a specific aspect of the community through a business leadership lens. As business leaders connect to other leaders throughout the community, it broadens their perspective, allowing them to be a driving force for good within their own organization and the community at large. The following areas of the community will be examined through a business leadership lens (strategic thinking, relationship building, influencing, and execution) throughout the program:
- Business & the Economy
- Military & Government
- Public Health
- Public Safety
- Innovation & Technology
- Community Vitality
- Recreation & Tourism
- Monthly Education Days: Third Friday (*unless otherwise noted), August 2023 – June 2024, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Formatting: Each education day is unique, but each includes a mixture of learning (presentations, panels, Q&A sessions, keynotes, etc.) and hands-on application (tours, team building, service projects, etc.).
- Community Immersion: Each education day is hosted by one or more new host locations and speakers/presenters are never repeated, thereby creating a rich pool of connections.
- Small-Group Projects: Groups are assigned in January; additional time may be required to coordinate and plan group projects.
EXPECTATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS
- Attend and actively participate in the entire retreat in September.
- Attend and actively participate in all scheduled education sessions, with the exception of one day (outside of the retreat).
- Actively work with assigned small-group to prepare and execute a project day for the entire LNU cohort. This consists of community service, leadership training, professional development, activities centered around success in the workplace, etc.
- Approach the year with an open mind ready to learn, connect, and develop personally and professionally.
2023-2024 SCHEDULED DATES
Leadership Retreat & Business Overview
|*August 25, 2023||Orientation|
|*September 14-15, 2023||Leadership Retreat & Business Overview|
|*October 27, 2023||Military & Strategic Thinking|
|November 17, 2023||Public Health & Influencing|
|December 15, 2023||Education/Training & Relationship Building|
|January 19, 2024||Executing Public Safety Practices|
|*February 14, 2024||State Legislature & Influencing (Day at the Utah State Capitol)|
|March 15, 2024||Leadership Project #1 (Strategic Thinking)|
|April 19, 2024||Leadership Project #2 (Execution)|
|May 17, 2024||Leadership Project #3 (Relationship Building)|
|*June 14, 2024||Graduation Day|
COST & SCHOLARSHIPS
The yearlong program, which includes a two-day retreat in mid-September, costs $1,000.
Scholarships may be available from the Chamber’s Women in Business Committee and the Ogden-Weber Technical College Custom Fit Training Program.
Please note that our partners receive complimentary or discounted LNU admission. Click here to view partner benefits.
If you’re interested in applying for the 2023-2024 Leadership Northern Utah cohort and would like additional information, please contact the Leadership Northern Utah liaison, Rachel Creer at (385) 264-7631 or email@example.com.
LNU Class of 2021-2022