The purpose of the Women in Business Professional Development Grant is to enhance the skills of Women in Business (WIB) members. Part of this program is to provide financial support to its members to attend professional training events and conferences. The WIB Executive Board determines who receives professional development grants and how those individuals will share what they learned with other WIB members.
Professional Development Grant Guidelines:
- An application form, a copy of the proposed training event/conference registration form and any supporting information must be submitted to the WIB liaison for review and approval by the WIB Executive Board.
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of the Ogden-Weber Chamber of Commerce and WIB. The applicant must be a WIB member for a minimum of six consecutive months prior to applying for/receiving a grant.
- During any calendar year, no more than two grants will be awarded for the same training event/conference. Generally, WIB will grant only one grant per company in any 12-month period.
- All grants will be awarded at up to 75% for lodging, transportation, and/or registration fees not to exceed $500 for one individual in a 12-month period. Individuals must seek financial assistance from their employers prior to submitting an application.
- After board approval of an applicant, the grant will be awarded in two separate checks. The first will be for 75% of the total grant. The remaining 25% will be disbursed after the training has been attended and the grant evaluation form has been submitted.
- Those receiving a grant will be required to complete the grant evaluation form and may be asked to share their experience with the members of the WIB Board, and if appropriate, with other members of WIB. The WIB Board reserves the right to publish grant evaluation forms. The grant recipient may also be asked to present a five-minute oral report at a WIB meeting.
Please make sure to submit your application as soon as possible to allow for approval and processing.