Announcement of Executive Director Transition
February 16, 2023 – Ogden, UT. After nearly a decade of working to further Ogden Downtown Alliance’s mission and values, Kim Bowsher announced in January of 2023 she will be stepping down as Executive Director effective February 15, 2023. Kim was a founding member of Ogden Downtown Alliance and has continued to be a driving force of the organization’s growth and success. A brief sample of her many accomplishments include:
- Establishing the Ogden Downtown Alliance
- Developing the Ogden Downtown Alliance’s mission work into a six-pillar model, with programs behind each pillar – driving a ~$20M economic impact through events programming alone in 2022.
- Establishing the new Farmers Market Ogden in 2016, leading the community-favorite event to being named ‘Indie Ogden Best Project of the Year,’ ‘Best Event,’ ‘Best Place for Family Fun’ and more.
- Growing Farmers Market Ogden’s SNAP, and other market incentive programs, more than 400 percent since 2016.
- Serving on a variety of community boards, including Visit Ogden, GOAL Foundation, Junior League of Ogden, and Ogden Food Council.
The vision, passion and leadership of Kim will be greatly missed by Ogden Downtown Alliance’s staff, board of directors, sponsors, business owners and community partners alike. Over the next few months, a hiring committee led by Board chair, Danette Pulley will be conducting a thorough search to find Ogden Downtown Alliance’s next Executive Director. It is the priority of the hiring committee to find a collaborative leader passionate about community building with the ability to create growth fro the organization in alignment with Ogden Downtown Alliance’s mission: to increase economic vitality and community vibrancy in the downtown through arts, events, placemaking and destination development.
In the interim, the Ogden Downtown Alliance staff remains committed to the mission and hard at work under the joint leadership of Haille VanPatten, head of Marketing and Public Relations and Thomas Kiernan, Fund Development Director.
Applications are now being accepted for the Executive Director position. The leadership position description and qualifications can be found at ogdendowntown.com/employment and will remain open until filled. Inquiries, nominations, and candidate applications should be directed electronically with “ODA ED” in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications must include a cover letter and resume or CV. The selection committee is available to answer questions or supply further information as requested. All inquiries or referrals will be held in strict confidence.
We wish Kim the best of luck in her next chapter and ask for your help in identifying qualified candidates who can help Ogden Downtown Alliance continue its mission work moving forward.
See job posting here.
About Ogden Downtown Alliance
Recently awarded Best of State in Community Development, the Ogden Downtown Alliance is a 501(c)(3) committed to increasing economic vitality and community vibrancy throughout Ogden’s Central Business District. We support local commerce through placemaking, destination marketing, focused community programming and events. We create and promote a dynamic epicenter for arts, entertainment, and cultural experiences in Ogden’s downtown.