Transportation Committee Top 8 Priorities for 2020
- 5600 South Interchange and Widening (3500 W to 1900 W): $260M
- I-84/US-Hwy 89 Interchange Improvements: $60M – $70M
- 1200 South Overpass at 500 West Railroad Crossing: $40M
- West Weber Corridor Preservation and Planning: $352M
- Pleasant View Skyline Drive 500 West to US-89: $48M
- I-84 Mt. Green Interchange to Trapper’s Loop EIS Study: $3.5M
- Weber County Commuter Rail Right of Way Preservation: $8.6M
- Ogden 24th Street Widening from I-15 to Lincoln Ave. (including viaduct): $48M
Ogden-Weber Chamber’s Transportation Committee has decided on its top eight priorities for transportation projects that impact the Ogden-Weber community. The Legislative Affairs Committee then presents these priorities to the Northern Utah Chamber Coalition (NUCC), which consists of Davis County, Cache County, Brigham City and of course Ogden-Weber chambers of commerce. With the voices of several counties being presented in a united front, NUCC helps get the funding needed for transportation projects in Northern Utah. If you have any questions or feedback for our Transportation Committee, contact Lindsey Parkinson at (385) 264-7633 or email@example.com.
Top Priorities Resources
To hear about the 5600 South Interchange and Widening project, jump to timestamp 26:30 in this video.
Discover More about Local Transportation Projects
Meetings with the Transportation Committee
Meetings are typically held on the third Wednesday of every month at 7:30 a.m. Please check our Events Calendar for meeting dates. During these meetings, the committee discusses upcoming legislative changes, funding opportunities available from the local government and other sources, and the newest developments in transportation.
Once you are up to speed on the changes that are coming down the pipeline concerning transportation, you can also make necessary adjustments so that your business will continue to flourish. When you become a part of the Ogden-Weber Chamber of Commerce Transportation Committee, you will be able to work with others in the industry and have a voice with legislators, city officials and planning organizations.
Becoming a Member of the Transportation Committee
To join this committee, contact (801) 621-8300.