WHY JOIN THE CHAMBER?
Whether you’re a small business just getting started or a well-established organization, the Ogden-Weber Chamber of Commerce provides unique opportunities to help you reach new customers, invest in your employees and improve our community.
REACH MORE CUSTOMERS
Grow your business through marketing and advertising with access to the Chamber’s communication channels.
INVEST IN YOUR EMPLOYEES
Whether you’re a team of one or 500+ we help you provide premier opportunities for professional and leadership development.
IMPROVE THE COMMUNITY
Unite with other organizations to support local legislative priorities and community initiatives to enhance quality of life for all.
WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER
When you join the Chamber, you’re joining 700+ organizations that are committed to building business and community prosperity in Weber County.
Visibility & Name Recognition
As a member of the Chamber, you are recognized as a trusted, community-centered organization. Upon joining the Chamber you will receive a framed membership certificate, a proud member window cling and a digital badge to enhance your public image.
Your organization will also receive recognition in the following:
- Online Member Directory: a search engine optimized listing on the Chamber’s website.
- Community Guide & Business Directory: a categorized listing in the annual publication distributed to 20,000 households and more than 1,000 businesses and high-traffic locations in Weber County.
Referrals & Recommendations
The Chamber receives dozens of inquiries every day by phone, email, web and walk-in visitors. We make referrals and recommendations to Chamber members and community members alike, always pointing them to our incredible member organizations.
As a Chamber member, you have access to:
- Contacts Committees: exclusive lead generation groups to establish a trusted business network and grow your business.
- Member Roster: a list of fellow Chamber members including organization, primary representative, phone number and mailing address sent by request in a spreadsheet.
Networking & Events
The Chamber hosts more than 100 events annually which include opportunities for networking, professional development, community celebration and more. All employees of your organization are invited to participate in Chamber events and programming including networking at Business After Hours and motivational keynotes at Morning Speaker Series–both held monthly.
See a list of Signature Chamber Events!
Marketing & Promotion
Make the Chamber part of your marketing strategy. Members have the opportunity to reach a broader audience by utilizing Chamber communication platforms.
- Share your announcements, promotions, news and events to be featured on the Chamber website, newsletter and social media.
- Provide a special discount for fellow Chamber members and the public when they mention the Ogden-Weber Chamber of Commerce. Discounts are promoted through the Chamber website, newsletter and social media.
- Celebrate your milestone accomplishments with the Community. Request Spiker support at your ribbon cutting, ground breaking or grand opening.
- Shine the spotlight on your business by participating in the Small Business Spotlight program facilitated by the Small Business Council.
- Give back to the community and increase your visibility with premier recognition as a Chamber event sponsor.
- Take your business to the next level with advertising add-on options like website banner ads, email marketing, social media ads, etc.
Professional & Leadership Development
Access premier professional and leadership development training without the expense of travel and conferences. The Chamber provides opportunities for all levels of business professionals to grow and find passion in giving back to the community.
All employees of your organization are invited to participate in:
- Committees: interest- and industry-specific groups focused on improving quality of life in Weber County and collaboration among business and community. Leadership opportunities are available for each of the Chamber’s 10 action-based committees.
- Events: held throughout the year focused on topics of importance in the business community from economic development, marketing, sales, customer service, leadership, workforce development, etc. Members have access to a library of recorded events to revisit content or use in employee training.
- Leadership Northern Utah: a 9-month academy providing hands-on leadership training and an in-depth community immersion experience.
- Board of Governors: an influential leadership group providing insight and direction for community prosperity in Weber County. With representation from all major industries in the area, this group includes representatives from our partner-level members and gathers quarterly to discuss economic impacts in our area.
Business Operation Resources
With a mission to advance business and community prosperity, the Chamber wants to see your organization succeed. We collaborate with local resource centers to provide assistance for the biggest challenges facing businesses.
Chamber members have access to:
- Small Business Resources: contacts of business and financial advisors to guide you in taking the next step to grow your business.
- Workforce Resources: HR trainings, tools, and resources to address hiring needs of organizations throughout the community including workforce legislation.
- Operational Discounts: savings on business operation costs such as office supplies, business insurance and health insurance.
- Job Board: a public-facing job board to reach job seeking business professionals.
- Certificates of Origin: unlimited complimentary Certificate of Origin stamps to certify the origin of exported goods.
Community Engagement Resources
Joining the Chamber is a great step in prioritizing community engagement. Members have the opportunity to develop and support initiatives that make a difference in Weber County. We collaborate with community organizations to address the needs of those who live, work and play here.
- All employees of your organization can receive weekly newsletters emailed with important information and updates about Chamber and community events. Invitations for involvement are often made through the requests of fellow Chamber members in the Member News section of our newsletter.
- Join our community Facebook Group where we celebrate what makes the Ogden-Weber area a great place to live, learn, shop, work and play.
The Chamber represents the voice of business in the Ogden-Weber area, taking positions on current legislation and advancing legislation that impacts our community. As a strong member of the Northern Utah Chamber Coalition (NUCC) we collaborate with all Chambers north of Salt Lake City to more accurately reflect what is important to Northern Utah. As a member, your voice is heard about legislative issues important to your organization when you engage with the Chamber’s legislative affairs efforts.
“The best part of our Chamber membership is that all SymbolArts employees have access to member benefits no matter their role. I think it’s important to provide my staff with opportunities to plug into the business community. We often attend Chamber events as a team and gain great professional development training at no extra cost.”
The Chamber provides membership opportunities for every size and type of organization. Core members receive all benefits listed above.
Partner memberships are designed for organizations committed to the highest level of engagement and community support in the Northern Utah area. Partnerships include all core membership benefits in addition to paid dues for Chamber committees, a seat on the Board of Governors, promotional rights and access to the Chamber’s premier events.