The Utah Legislature allocated $4.5 million for an Economic Assistance Grant program to be administered by the Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunity.
The grant assists Utah businesses that promote and support economic opportunity and provide a service related to industry, education, community development, or infrastructure.
Grant recipients may receive a maximum grant amount of $200,000.
The grant application portal will be open from July 26, 2022, at 9 a.m. until August 4, 2022, at 5 p.m.
The applicants principal place of business must be in Utah, and the applicant must be registered and in good standing with the Utah Division of Corporations. An applicant must be a for-profit or nonprofit entity (government entities do not qualify).
Be prepared to describe how your project will:
- Provide a service related to Utah industry, education, community development or infrastructure
- Promote and support economic opportunity
- Contribute to job creation
- Support Go Utah’s targeted industries, including advanced manufacturing, aerospace and defense, financial services, life sciences and healthcare, and software information technology
- Identify clear metrics that will be used to measure success
- Leverage other funding sources
- Have sound organizational and project budgets
- Have a one-time project-based need for funding
Grant Application Required Documents
- A completed and signed W-9 (information must match what’s on file with the IRS and the same address, as stated earlier in the application, that will be used to mail grant funds)
- Detailed project budget, including all sources of funding and other state funds (if applicable) secured for the project
- The applicant’s prior, current, and projected annual budgets
Applications open on July 16, 2022, at 9 a.m., and will close on August 4, 2022.
If you are new to Go Utah opportunities, please complete the New Portal User Request Form to receive login credentials. This process takes about one business day.
If you already have login credentials, you can access the Go Utah Portal by clicking here