Leadership Northern Utah Academy
Leadership Northern Utah helps individuals better understand the community and develop leadership skills. Following the Academy's three-day opening retreat (September 18 - 21), participants spend one day a month, generally the third Thursday of each month, from October through May, in sessions presenting a wide range of opinions and perspectives. Participants have an opportunity to explore controversial issues with leaders representing a variety of community interests.
To develop and motivate participants to take action addressing community needs.
- Encourage personal development
- Examine community problems, challenges and opportunities
- Take action on community concerns
- Assume leadership roles in community affairs
- Develop a network of dedicated citizens, informed problem solvers and responsible leaders
- Gain professional growth and recognition
- Establish a valuable forum for idea exchange
- Establish business relationships
- Get to know the community and how it works
The program looks for individuals who will commit both time and energy toward community involvement, and who:
- Are concerned with community issues
- Desire personal growth opportunities
- Show concern for the future of Northern Utah
- Reflect the diversity of Northern Utah residents
The cost of this year-long program is $1000, of which $100 must be paid by the participant. The balance of the tuition may be paid by participants or their employers. Tuition covers the opening retreat, meals, field trips, instructional materials, speakers, graduation ceremony and awards. Attendance is mandatory. Participants must be willing to attend all activities. If a participant misses more than two of the scheduled days, they are unable to graduate until the days are made up.
Scholarships are available through the Leadership Northern Utah Alumni Association as well as Women in Business, Spikers and the Ogden Weber ATC.
Scholarships received from Chamber committees, in combination, can make up no more than 50% of tuition and individual scholarships can make up no more than 40%.
Funding received from the Ogden Weber ATC Custom Fit Training Program can cover any amount of the tuition cost. This amount will vary based on eligibility.
For Further information contact:
Christi Scow (801)612-4178 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dana Slaughter (801)612-4162 email@example.com
For additional information regarding Leadership Northern Utah, contact Mari at the Ogden Weber Chamber of Commerce
(801) 621-8300 Ext #106 or firstname.lastname@example.org